Forum Controladores/PLC

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

ModbusRTU and SMS , same Serial1 ?

Bart Reu

Hi,

i just recieved my first m-duino , seems impressive. Now i'm going trought the docs and sample codes to get my hardware se tup ready, but i have found out that Modbus and the GPRS/GSM module both seem to be using Serial1 . This PLC will have 2 Modbus sensors attached so i need a pretty constant connection to them. Is there a way to use both devices (modbus and the gsm)  ? The SMS will only be used incase an error or alarm occurs so i could pause the modbus reading and connect to the GSM module , just to send the SMS and then re-activate the Modbus. Am i seeing this the wrong way ?

Thanks allot 

Descartar
1 Respuesta
Mejor respuesta

Hi Bart, ModbusRTU can go through Serial 1, RS-232 or RS-485. The GPRS module uses Serial 1 to communicate with the M-Duino. If you want to use ModbusRTU and GPRS at the same time, you have to use Modbus through RS-232 or RS-485.

You cannot "pause" Modbus to use GPRS, as they will interfere with each other anyways.

Descartar