General

¡Bienvenido!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

DALI application schematics

Dirk Terryn

How do I connect the 2 DALI signals to my M-Duino 57+ DALI ? The DALI InitNodes example refers to pins 18 and 19 of the Arduino (Tx1 and Rx1 of the M-Duino?) The DALI ProgressiveBlink example refers to pins 2 and 3 of the Arduino (PIN2 and N/C of the M-Duino?)

I suppose I have to add a DALI supply externally. Is the DALI interface hardware inside? Can I connect the DALI supply (16V) directly to the M-Duino pins?

Descartar
1 Respuesta
Mejor respuesta

Dear Dirk,

There is an error in the DALI InitNodes example file. Pins 18 and 19 are used for interruption pins (I1.0 --> PIN18 and I1.1 --> PIN19), so they are not available for DALI purposes.

Pins 2 and 3 can be used for DALI communication without problems, I do not know where you found that PIN3 is N/C, but it is connected. To work with them, please check that the switch configuration is correct (switches can be found behind the PLC).

DALI hardware is inside. Yes, you can connect 16V to power the DALI bus, but not directly to the M-Duino pins. 

For a better view, check this post: https://www.industrialshields.com/blog/arduino-industrial-1/lighting-protocol-dali-in-a-plc-arduino-238?blog=blog.blog%281%2C%29&blog_post=blog.post%28238%2C%29

Descartar