Help

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

3 PIN DIN Plug wiring

Ken Hanson

I have a 3 wire DIN Plug to a Pneumatic Valve.  The wires are GND, 1 = +DC and 2 = -DC.  To control this valve is it correct to attach GND to Common Power Supply GND and the 1 +DC wire to opto isolated output Q0.0 and 2 -DC to COM(-) pins on my MDUINO 21+?  

Note, both the MDUINO and Valve are 24V DC.

1 Comment
Discard
Ken Hanson
-

Ok, a bit more information. I was a bit confused when I ordered the M-Duino. I thought the Outputs were Relay outputs, I now understand they are not.

However, they are opto-issolated and can provide 24V. So...

The question is can the Digital outputs drive the pneumatic solenoid which wants 24VDC and is rated at 2.5W, which I calculate as a draw of .11A? Note, I have the M-Duino powered with the 24V 30W power supply you provide.

2 Answers
Best Answer

Hello Ken,

I don't really understant why do you need 3 wires? With two wires you can make it work GND(-) to the GND pin and Signal(+) to the Q0.0. Let me know what model of selenoid do you have so we can  investigate more.

Also if you are interested in Relay outputs you can have a look to out Realy PLC's on this link.

Thank you.

Discard