Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

3 PIN DIN Plug wiring

By
Ken Hanson
on 2/20/20, 12:51 PM 147 views

I have a 3 wire DIN Plug to a Pneumatic Valve.  The wires are GND, 1 = +DC and 2 = -DC.  To control this valve is it correct to attach GND to Common Power Supply GND and the 1 +DC wire to opto isolated output Q0.0 and 2 -DC to COM(-) pins on my MDUINO 21+?  

Note, both the MDUINO and Valve are 24V DC.

Ok, a bit more information. I was a bit confused when I ordered the M-Duino. I thought the Outputs were Relay outputs, I now understand they are not.

However, they are opto-issolated and can provide 24V. So...

The question is can the Digital outputs drive the pneumatic solenoid which wants 24VDC and is rated at 2.5W, which I calculate as a draw of .11A? Note, I have the M-Duino powered with the 24V 30W power supply you provide.

Ken Hanson
on 2/24/20, 5:38 PM

Industrial Shields Forum user

Andrei Postolache

--Andrei Postolache--

| 0 0 0
--Andrei Postolache--
Andrei Postolache
On 6/18/20, 3:33 AM

Hello Ken,

I don't really understant why do you need 3 wires? With two wires you can make it work GND(-) to the GND pin and Signal(+) to the Q0.0. Let me know what model of selenoid do you have so we can  investigate more.

Also if you are interested in Relay outputs you can have a look to out Realy PLC's on this link.

Thank you.

Keep Informed

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together. Read Guidelines

Question tools

9 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/20/20, 12:51 PM
Seen: 147 times
Last updated: 6/18/20, 3:33 AM