In compliance with high industry standards

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Stepper Motor

By
Pedrani
on 12/17/20, 9:31 AM 212 views

Hi.
I need to control 6 stepper motors, pto (Pulse Train output) with Mduino 20Plus. Is there a library to do this?
Second question, is it possible to drive it with digital outputs?
I read that the maximum frequency is 4Khz, is that correct?

Thanks to all.

Edu B.
On 12/19/20, 3:03 PM

Hi, 

Can't I use "normal" (not PWM) outputs to send pulses to a stepper driver (with clock/direction inputs)?

I don't expect needing to send more than 1kHz (800Hz should be enough).

I used the library AccelStepper with an Arduino Mega Board (not integrated as PLC) and It worked quite well.

Pedrani
On 12/18/20, 2:43 PM

Thank you very much

Industrial Shields Forum user

Guillem Cura Marti

--Guillem Cura Marti--

| 0 0 0
Sant Fruitós de Bages, España
--Guillem Cura Marti--
Guillem Cura Marti
On 12/18/20, 8:13 AM

HI,

In order to control 6 stepper motors using only an M-Duino 21+ is not possible as each motor need to use 3 pwm digital outputs. If you want to implement this you will need at least 3 M-Duino 42+ PLCs.

In the following blog, there is a full explanation of how to implement and use the stepper motors using our Industrial Shields PLCs and a code example for programming them.

As you have read, the maxium frequency for the digital outputs is 4 KHz.

• Flag

Thank you very much

Pedrani
on 12/18/20, 2:44 PM

Keep Informed

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/17/20, 9:31 AM
Seen: 212 times
Last updated: 12/19/20, 3:03 PM