Forum Controllers/PLC

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Gprs library and send sms when gprs connection is established

Hi, I purchased a 58+ gprs plc, in your guide I found references to the Fona adafruit library, does your gprs library use the same functions?  Can I use the same arguments?  Also is it possible to send and receive SMS if I am connected in gprs?  thank you so much.

Discard
2 Answers
Norbert Krecmer
Best Answer

Hi everybody. I just bought my first gprs 38R+ module and I solve the same problem how to communicate between mega and sim800. The guidelines presented here doesn't work. When I use gprs.h library for http client, the communication is working, but I need to communicate by SMS. The proposed FOna library doesn't work even if I change the TX, RX, reset pin to 18,19,2. there is some trouble with serial communication between HDs. The sim card works and the som800 is connected to gsm network. Please help how to adjust the sim800 library, or software serial library or fona library or something else. I also tested pure softwareSerial library to read serial comunication, but no connection.

Thank you for your help.

1 Comment
Discard
Norbert Krecmer
-

I already found the answer to solve it. I just change the board from M-duino gprs family to M-duino family. And the FONA library is working with hardware serial option.