In compliance with high industry standards

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

53RRA+ Serial communication with Linux host using a dedicated power supply

By
Idan Sheinberg
on 4/6/21, 10:35 AM 68 views

I wish to power my M-Duino using an external power supply (24V) and enable serial port communication from my Linux Host to the M-Duino (The Linux Side is Connected using  a USB cable)

I have a USB <-> four wire cable (Power/GND/RX/TX). Where exactly should I connect (and which wires) in order to achieve this functionality? Do I need a separate USB to RS232 adapter?

10x

Industrial Shields Forum user

Guillem Cura Marti

--Guillem Cura Marti--

| 0 0 0
Sant Fruitós de Bages, España
--Guillem Cura Marti--
Guillem Cura Marti
On 4/7/21, 4:39 AM

In order to properly work with our industrial PLCs the device must be powered with an external power supply from 12 to 24 Vdc. In order to achieve a Serial connection, you can use the Serial1 (Rx1 & Tx1) or the RS232 pins. If you are using a USB protocol, you should connect the Ground to one of the GND pins of the device, the Vcc to a 5Vdc output pin and the Tx & Rx to the Serial pins depending on the option that you have.

Take in mind that if you need an USB-TTL you need to work using the Serial1. If you are working with an USB-RS232 adapter, you will need to connect to the RS232 pins. We offer a USB-RS232 compatible with our devices!

Idan Sheinberg
On 4/8/21, 8:56 AM

Thank you very much. I will check that out.

Keep Informed

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/6/21, 10:35 AM
Seen: 68 times
Last updated: 4/8/21, 8:56 AM