Help

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

[SOLVED] RTC.h out of scope problem

Hi, I'm having problem using RTC.h.

In an installation on Ubuntu 16.04 with the Arduino IDE 1.8.5 I used your example without problem.

I did a new installation on another system Ubuntu 20.04 with the same IDE and the same script doesn't work due to an error because while using the instruction RTC.setTime(__TIME__) (or whateaver RTC.method) the "RTC.h out of scope" arise.

I suppose that the problem is due to the fact that I installed the RTC.h standard library and this is used at first istance, but I think that this library is already included in yours and that it instantiate the RTC object automatically.

Do you have some idea?

Thanks

Discard
2 Answers
Best Answer

I solved the problem and write here the solution as monition to other users.

The problem was on the selection of the board: on the trouble setup I chose "M-Duino 42" on the good one I chosed "M-Duino 42+".

Discard
Best Answer

In order to work with the RTC module you have to use one of the MDuino products. Make sure to be using our "industrialshields" boards as the RTC.h is modified for being able to work with our devices. You can read all the information about the RTC on this blog

Take in account that it is only nedeed to set up the clock the first time as the RTC will internally save the configuratio, If you need more information feel free to contact us!

Discard