Forum Panel PC

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Touchberry 10.1 with RTC+UPS+RS485

RobertoG

Hi,

I received the product in the subject, since I'm going to install the latest Raspbian available, I would like to know where I can find documentation to properly configure RTC and UPS.
Thank you, regards.

Roberto

2 Comments
Discard
Support Team
-

Hello, Where can I find those downloads for Touchberry 7 "?

Support Team
-

7 Answers
Support Team
Best Answer

Dear Luis, 

you can find the documentation at the attached link on Guillem's answer, you only need to go at the Downloads Menu and download the zip file with the configuration services. 

Cheers!

Discard
Marti Guillem Cura
Best Answer

Hi,

In order to configure the system properly, you have to put the files located at the downloads of the Touchberry 10" on the following folders:

• rpishutdown -> /usr/local/bin/

• rpishutdown.service -> /lib/systemd/system/

After setting these two files, execute the following commands for activating the services as they have to run automatically:

sudo systemctl enable rpishutdown.service
          sudo systemctl start rpishutdown.service

I hope this helps!

3 Comments
          Discard
          RobertoG
          -

Thanks for the reply.

I downloaded and installed the files that you told me, but...why if I unplug the power supply the TouchBerry suddendly turns off ?

When the UPS takes control of the system and keep it up running?

Thanks

Roberto

Marti Guillem Cura
          -

The UPS is in charge of doing a controlled shutdown for the Raspberry Pi. However, depending on the process that are running will do the process with a different speed. On a visual way, you will not be able to see it as the screen will shutdown immediately because the UPS only power the Raspberry. Despite this, the Raspberry will be doing an internal controlled poweroff.

RobertoG
          -

Ok, what about the RTC?

I tried to configure it by myself by removing the "fake-hwclock" but when I type "hwclock -r" I get the following error:

hwclock: Timed out waiting for time change

With a “hwclock --verbose -r” a line with an error appears:

- ioctl(4, RTC_UIE_ON, 0): invalid argument

And the last line of the command ends with:

- …synchronization failed

What's wrong?

Thank you

Roberto