These products use an official Raspberry Pi 4 or an official Banana Pi product. These products have installed a Linux Debian Jessie. So, in this post, we will see how to install Rapid SCADA on this OS. Rapid SCADA is free, open-source, full-featured SCADA software.
This post is divided into three sections: how to install Rapid SCADA, how to configure Rapid SCADA, and how to display on the Raspberry Pi Panel PC.
How to install Rapid SCADA
Below is a step-wise guide to install and run the Rapid SCADA on your Industrial shields pi devices:
- Download Rapid SCADA 5.2.1 Mono. Unzip the file on the Touch.
- Unzip and copy all the files of Rapid SCADA Mono from SCADA folder to /opt/scada and copy the scripts from the daemons folder to /etc/init.d
- Grant full access to the following folders of the Webstation application:
sudo chmod -R ugo+rwx /opt/scada/ScadaWeb/config
sudo chmod -R ugo+rwx /opt/scada/ScadaWeb/log
sudo chmod -R ugo+rwx /opt/scada/ScadaWeb/storage
- Make the scripts executable:
sudo chmod +x /opt/scada/make_executable.sh
- Add the Mono repository to your system. Go to the following link and go to the Linux and then Raspbian tab. In this, run the commands for Raspbian 10 and follow all three steps.
- Install Mono .NET Framework:
sudo apt-get install mono-complete
- Check whether Apache web server already installed or not:If not, install it:
sudo service apache2 status
sudo apt-get install apache2
- Install other required modules:
sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-mono mono-apache-server4
- Create a link to the web application files:
sudo ln -s /opt/scada/ScadaWeb /var/www/html/scada
- Configure the web application:
To do that, you will have to copy the scada.conf file from the unzipped folder to the apache folder /etc/apache2/sites-available and run:
sudo a2ensite scada.conf
- Execute the script to install daemons:
sudo chmod +x ./svc_install.sh
- In case of using an SD card, protect it by moving frequently used folders to RAM. Add the lines below to /etc/fstab
tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,noatime,size=50m 0 0
tmpfs /var/log tmpfs defaults,noatime,size=50m 0 0
tmpfs /opt/scada/ScadaComm/Log tmpfs defaults,noatime,size=100m 0 0
tmpfs /opt/scada/ScadaServer/Log tmpfs defaults,noatime,size=10m 0 0
tmpfs /opt/scada/ScadaWeb/log tmpfs defaults,noatime,size=10m 0 0
tmpfs /opt/scada/ArchiveDAT/Cur tmpfs defaults,noatime,size=10m 0 0
- After these steps, our Touch is all set for use Rapid SCADA. Just reboot the Touch for this change to take effect, typing on the terminal:
- Open Webstation (Google Chrome is recommended). Default login and password are admin/12345
http://<Host name or IP address>/scada
- Check Rapid SCADA operating using log files located in:
Once this is done, you should be able to run the Rapid SCADA successfully.